Sunday, March 21, 2010

gisele: the person and the character

From Utopia's coasts to Boston's city, Gisele gives us a little insight into her life this month in Vogue. I was so intrigued by this interview because it shows the reality of the celebrity life and one of the coping mechanisms that I assume is common even for the ordinary person. I thought I would share a little tid bit: 
"People were asking, 'How does it feel to be the model of the moment?' It was hard for me to answer as myself. I barely spoke English. I thought, I have to give my best because they trust me with that. I invented this other person, and she could do everything. She wasn't afraid; she was able to be ballsy and risky and sexy or androgynous. She was bold. I had to believe in myself as this person that was strong, up-front, invincible, and positive, who knew what she was doing, even though I really didn't. I've worked for fourteen years, but I don't think anybody in business really knows me, because there is that other person."
encouragement: the willingness to be known.

2 comments:

  1. giselle is amazing, love the blog

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following now! Follow my blog :)!

    ReplyDelete